The overarching concept of the PAGS divisional placement policy is to provide the appropriate level of competition for all teams, while recognizing that limitations should be placed on travel time for the U9-U12 age groups.
1. Teams will request a level of play on their application for the PAGS season.
2. The top division(s) in the U9-U12 age groups will be assigned based upon competitive level. The minimum number of divisions to be so assigned are: U9 -1; U10 - 2; U11 - 3, U12 - 4. If more teams qualify for the top division(s) in an age group then enough divisions to accommodate these teams will be assigned based upon competitive level.
3. All teams from outlying areas will be placed in the most competitive division(s) in their age group, consistent with the PAGS Divisional Placement Guidelines. If a team from an outlying area does not qualify for the most competitive division(s) in their age group, PAGS reserves the right to not accept their application.
4. The remaining divisions in the U9-U12 age groups will be placed using a combination of competitive level and geography. Every attempt will be made to limit travel time for any game to 75 minutes.
5. All U13-U19 divisions will be placed based upon competitive level.
For the older age groups (U15-U19), due to fall high school play, it may be necessary to combine more than one age group in order to have enough teams to consitute a division. Teams will still be placed at the same competitive level.
For the short season (U15-U19), teams may also be grouped with another age group in order to have workable numbers of teams in division.