Beginning with the 2004-2005 school year PAGS will offer four (4) $500 college scholarships. The purpose of this program is to encourage high school seniors who participate in PAGS to further their education and to reward them for their accomplishments on and off the pitch. The individual need not plan on playing soccer in college.
- Four (4) scholarships awarded annually
- Each schoalrship is valued at $500
- Each shcolarship will be made payable to the college or university at which the student matricualtes
- Each scholarship is a one-time payment
- Applicants must be a high school senior and registered with a team participating in PAGS
Basis for Selection
- Applicants must submit a completed application form by 30 April to:
PAGS P.O. Box 2352 Southeastern, PA 19399-2352
Application forms will be available at the PAGS AGM on 25 March 2004 or they may be requested via email to email@example.com
- Along with the application, applicants must submit: a copy of their high school transcript; a letter of recommmendation from a teacher, guidance counselor or high school principal; and a maximum of (2) letters of recommendation from coaches or community leaders. All leters of recommendation should vaidate the applicant's leadership qualities and character.
Winners will be selected based upon academic achievement, commitment to the soccer community, and leadership ability. The PAGS Scholarship Committee will make all final decisions. Scholarship recipients will be notified no later than 15 June.